Thursday, September 22, 2016

Planning and control

I bet this post may be saved as my draft again, there are actually a total of 11 drafts that I drafted before this, but fortunately I didn't post all of them,
those drafted post looks so foolish after reading them.

Been inspired by one of the ex-Emirates cabin crew from the day I knew her, but I bet she wouldn't recognized me, we knew each other in the same company but in a different department.
I was just a 15 y/o filing girl during that time but....How lucky am I that she asked me out for lunch during our break time.

I was so bashful till the extent that  I don't know what kind of topic should I brag about. But there's another colleague accompanied us for lunch, which, kinda made me eased throughout the whole lunch session. 
Her English is wayy better than me, that is why she had been offered for that job, no doubt, H-A-H.

Back to the main topic, my life had been so miserable when I started this specific subject called performance management, the lecturer never ever stop mentioning about planning and control.

"When you want to control, you got to plan"
Opps, sound so different to my current life now,
I didn't plan on what I should do the next day, 
I didn't plan on what I will be working as in the near future,
neither thinking about realizing my own interest. (because I don't even know what my interest is).

But anyway, I tried planning my schedule once, but I failed to comply with what I've scheduled on my calendar. I gave up after that. Well, I should try other method but I didn't, I just gave up right away.

Then I found out that some of the future activities that I should be participating it, I forgot when was the actual date. Sometimes I even missed out the activity that I signed few months before, which is quite saddening, I paid for that price but yet i missed out, even though is only RM5. (H-A-H)

After this incident, I tried to give it a try one more time, (Thanks to my phone for having a calendar to remind me after I set the reminder alarm.) which then I found out it is quite useful and I never missed out any activity after that.

There are some time where I do not have plans but a direct decision being made by me. (lets go for food hunt!). Mostly are KL area of course. haha.

Sometimes planning does play an important role, but planning may be in a shorter time frame or in a longer time frame or middle. As long as you're well prepared, nothing is going to run any further from the plan you've planned.

Calendar for me is essential, because it serves as part of my reminder as well (a silent reminder I shall say, because it never reminds me when the specific time I set reached).

Till then, and I didn't make this blog post as a draft!!! (actually I did few days ago, I wrote the other half today)

No comments:

Post a Comment